In this issue:
Hello to all clarinetists in the Clarinet Mentors Community! I have had a very busy spring with performances that include Eugene Onegin with the Vancouver Opera, the Puccini Messa Gloria, a clarinet-viola-piano concert as well as a clarinet-cello-piano concert and much more. April was very fun musically, but now I actually look forward to a bit of a breather.
If you are new to the Clarinet Mentors Community, welcome! I hope that you enjoy the ongoing resources here. Today's free training (see below) has lots of information that will be helpful to any clarinetist.
Thanks for being in my community!
90 Minutes of "Clarinet Gems" with Michelle Anderson and Dr. Deborah Andrus
In March, I invited you to a live training session with Dr. Deborah Andrus, an amazing clarinetist and teacher. We spent 90 minutes each sharing some of our favourite clarinet technics, and answering questions from about 150 people who were able to log in live. I know many clarinetists were not able to attend, so I have now made the video replay available on YouTube for all of you.
Watch the training session here: https://youtu.be/YgFz47L5T2g
I have two clarinet courses that I think are so valuable, I want to offer them to you to try out for $1 for 30 days. Pay $1 and learn lots. I'll give you the very short version of what you get, which is two monthly courses:
1. Clarinet Mastery Live Trainings - I go live, online with members of this course twice a month (but I have 3 sessions coming up in May), and answer all of their clarinet questions. I also give personal feedback to a few volunteers each session who have a mini-lesson with me. You can be part of a great community, and get live feedback from me about your clarinet issues
2. Mastering Clarinet Music Club - I give you 2 new pieces of music each month with lessons on how to prepare the music. Recently, I have coaxed some of my musical colleagues to join in so that you can have play-along recordings with professional string players and pianists. It is awesome.
To try these for 30 days for just $1 (and after that you pay a monthly subscription, like Netflix or other online services), sign up here: https://www.clarinetmastery.com/offers/PFQbq67Q
Masterclass Program, Small Group Lessons with Dr. Deborah Andrus, The Clarinet Guide - your chance to be in a small, intense, clarinet training session for 5 weeks
Deborah Andrus is a great teacher, and she is opening up limited spots to a set of live weekly sessions that she is leading in June. I know that there is only space for a few people, so it will be first-come, first serve. I am certain that many of you could benefit from her expertise.
Clarinet Guide - Small Group Live Lessons - $125 USD ($25 per lesson)*
- Five one hour group classes - next session are on Saturdays in June 2018
- Three mini-lessons offered to volunteers at each session
- Clarinet Guide Facebook Group for questions and community
- Recorded sessions on the Zoom platform
If you are interested in signing up, please contact Debbie directly at: [email protected]
If we end up overloading her, perhaps she can be coaxed to open up a second group. I recommend that you contact her soon if you want to get some great feedback to help you play clarinet better.
Did you know that Michelle Anderson of Clarinet Mentors has created several step-by-step courses to help you play the clarinet better? Do you want to improve your tone, or move your fingers faster, or play high notes better? Check out all of the courses (which all have free samples for you to learn from) by clicking the button below:
Thanks for being a part of my clarinet community! Feel free to email if you have questions, comments or things you would like to see in future newsletters. I hope that you enjoy great music with your clarinet playing this week.
Michelle Anderson, Clarinet Mentors
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
As a member of Michelle's Clarinet Mentors community, you will receive invitations to special live online trainings, the Clarinet Mentors newsletter which has video lessons as well as recommendations on helpful clarinet gear. There is no charge to join, and you can un-signup very easily if it is not a good fit. If you haven't signed up for the community before, you are missing the regular Clarinet Mentors trainings!